Tuesday 7 September 2010

Blogladesh and Save the Children

It'll come as no surprise to regular readers of this or many other blogs to know that three bloggers, Josie, Eva and Sian spent last week in Bangladesh reporting back for Save the Children, and highlighting the work this amazing charity does.

It therefore wasn't very tricky for me to choose the charity to receive my tithed income this month.

Save the Children saves children's lives and campaigns for their rights.

In the time it takes you to read this paragraph, a mother-to-be will needlessly die. By the time you are finishing work or picking the kids up from school, 24,000 babies will not have survived their first day of life. By the end of next year, 9 million children won't have made it to their fifth birthday. Time is running out. It's time to press for change.

I'm not sure that anything could be more important.

You can donate by clicking here, or you can read about the Blogladesh trip here, or you can press for change and add your voice to the campaign here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know. I'm sorry. I hate these word recognition, are you a robot, guff things too, but having just got rid of a large number of ungrammatical and poorly spelt adverts for all sorts of things I don't want, and especially don't want on my blog, I'm hoping that this will mean that only lovely people, of the actually a person variety, will comment.

So please do. Comments are great...